Friday, April 24, 2009

California Learning Resources Network (CLRN)

CLRN provides educators with a "one-stop" resource for critical information needed for the selection of supplemental electronic learning resources aligned to the State Board of Education academic content standards.

CLRN objectives:
1. Identify and review supplemental electronic learning resources such as software, video, and Internet resources.
2. Identify learning units aligned to resources and the state academic content standards.
3. Maintain an interactive web site to provide information about electronic learning resources through an online searchable database and links to state education technology projects and resources.

After reading a little about CLRN I was eager to explore the site and see what it was really all about. I was aware that they had many of the traditional subjects, but when I discovered there was a link for visual and performing arts I was overjoyed. I have always had an interest the the performing arts field. One day when I am a teacher I hope to be able to incorporate some kind of program in the school for children to have access to.

There were several links I found useful and enjoyed. I also found the grade levels to be mixed which gave teachers a wide range of choices to work with. There were so many topics to choose from, such as: acting in a television series, acting in musicals, acting in a comedy, how to read music, understanding drama, and so on.

Check it out..it's FREE at: http://www.clrn.org/home/



No comments:

Post a Comment